Re: The Widow Lewis At It Again

At 02:10 PM 9/12/03 -0400, Dan Forant wrote:

> [...]

AN idiot, yes.  But not the only one.  Sometimes I have a tendency to
sidestep the facts that indicate that Lewis' drug abuse almost certainly
helped kill him.  It's hard enough realizing Len Bias died because he was
an idiot, and sometimes I suppose I want to rationalize that there couldn't
be two people that unutterably stupid on the same team.

In other respects, I'm sure both Bias and Lewis were reasonably intelligent
people.  But when it came to drugs, and thinking of the possibilities of
guessing wrong--i.e. the "it won't happen to ME" syndrome--they were both
idiotic.  Their lives were ended, their potential wasted and their
families, friends and teammates bereft of them.  And it didn't have to happen.

Yep, sounds like idiocy to me.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle