Re: Baker: I'm an alcoholic

--- You wrote:
The one comment that did worry me was his emphatic denial of ever having
suffered from depression.  While it may be true, he admits to things like
drinking away the pain of his bad performanes.  In the past, he seemed to
set himself up for failure, having inflated expectations and then reacting
badly when things weren't working out the way he had envisioned.  So I
think he has some mental issues, perhaps not depression but something
else.  Other quotes like saying his rehab was the best experience of his
life bring up bad memories of how getting traded to the Celtics was the
best thing to happen to him.
--- end of quote ---

That's the thought that came to my mind when I was reading it. Does anyone have
any insight/info about this depression issue?
He may have been drinking to get away from his on-court problems, but
alcoholics are not necessarily depressed. On the other hand, even if he were
depressed, maybe it was because of the vicious circle of being an alcoholic and
playing poorly. So maybe he's not depressed anymore,  now that he's stopped
drinking and is allegedly in better shape and basketball form. The late Bison
Dele nee Brian Williams was a certified depressive, but was still playing well
to the very end.  Who knows about Baker? One can only hope...He seems like a
good guy who's too sensitive for his own good. I hope the fans at Fleece take
it easy on him until he gets his sea legs.
Kestas