Vescey's knowledge and Indiana

First, as far as actual basketball stuff is concerned, Vescey has never
shown me to be more than a gossiper.  Him and his "sources", bleah.

Where Ron Artest is concerned, Larry has two options, really.  Either he
believes that he and Carlisle  can enforce a standard of professional
behavior on Ron, or Ron is gone at the earliest opportunity.  While I'm not
wild about Jermaine O'Neal's attitude--to say nothing of his knack for
screwing up pressure situations on court--I can at least reasonably expect
he won't go out of his way to get suspended like Ron has in the past.

Yes, Artest is a fine player.  But he's got such a volatile temper, I
question if it's worth the risk of having him on the team.  The fact that
Thomas at least tacitly endorsed such behavior may have been part of the
problem.  Rick and Larry don't do the "bad boy" thing.  They just want you
to work hard and win.Maybe they can rein Artest in.  Maybe they won't
bother, preferring to bank on O'Neal and Austin C., with help from Reggie
Miller.

But if it was me in charge, Ron would be traded as soon as I had a taker.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle