what a game!

thrilling...I wouldn't have minded them losing, because
they have to learn how to play without Antoine, particularly
in the pressure-packed halfcourt sets of 4th quarters.
Great win...Ray is already wrong!  A loss would surely
have been robbery though, since Pierce clearly had position
on Gasol and should have gone to the line.  When was the
last time you saw Paul come up short on multiple possessions
in the 4th?  Hate to see that, though it's bound to happen
now and again.

to borrow a phrase, here's my cookies and crumbs:

cookies:
Vin Baker -- big game.  I hope his body holds up!
Mike James -- huge, huge shot.  Incredible confidence.  I agree
with Mark B. that he's more of a combo guard, but I'll take what
he brings for now.
Team D -- it's way hard for teams to score around the basket
with all our shot blockers.  Defense won this game.

Crumbs:
Kedrick -- brought nothing.  airball, got burned on D.  When is
this guy finally going to show me something?

Other thoughts:

LaFrentz played pretty well, I thought, but they have to find him
more shots.  I guess he hasn't really intergrated into the offense
yet.  Has anyone?  I love his shot though.

Banks -- another growing night.  You see flashes of his future
when he heads to the hoop decisively.  He's afraid of getting
blocked sometimes it seems and doesn't want to get out of
control (Obie must get on him about turnovers).  He will get
blocked sometimes, but he has Kevin Johnson potential
with his quickness and body strength.