Battie for Brevin Knight?

Put me down as in favor of this rumored trade. Although I hate to give up
the luxury of having four 6-11+ folks on the active roster, I think that
right now the one thing that could seriously disrupt the "transformation" of
the offense would be the relative inexperience we have at the point. Knight,
say what you will, is a true point who knows how to bring the ball up
against pressure, direct traffic, generate opportunities for teammates, take
advantages of numbers on the break, and get it to the right player at the
right time. He'd be a great mentor for our two young pups, which should
enable them to mature their game all the quicker.

Battie, on the other hand, is no longer a key player for the team's future.
Even if it would be nice to have him on the roster this year, I doubt that
will continue to be the case for each of the seasons remaining on his
contract. Besides, with him gone, isn't it more likely that we may see some
time for Perkins and/or Hunter by the end of the season :?) Battie won't be
mentoring anyone on this team (at least I hope not!), and his turkey timer
seems to have popped with regard to his physical stamina.

Getting someone like Brevin, who will *really* contribute to the team's new
offense and won't be around any longer than needed, would be a good move. It
would address the team's most glaring weakness --which is also a key
position if Ainge's running experiment is to bear fruit -- and will benefit
the team in both the short term (Brevin's play and mentoring) and long-term
(Brevin's mentoring and his expiring contract).

Cheers - TomM