Celtics to go

Ray's usual mindlessly negative post was rare in that
it can and will be shown up for the discharge it is within
a couple of weeks.  Usually we have to wait much longer.
I am guessing 6-2, if the team defense is up to speed.

Josh

Miami -- even Ray calls this a win.
Memphis -- W.  A nice team, but they're no good.  Gasol still hasn't arrived
as a prime-time scorer, and the rest of the team is spare parts.  The Celtics
should be able to beat them 9 times out of 10.
New Orleans -- L.  Hornets are always tough.  Don't know how motivated
they'll be though.  You never know what the Paul / Baron matchup will
do to the chemistry on both sides.  Maybe a W, but I'll say L to keep it
real.
Detroit -- W.  I always expect a W there...plus payback motivation for Cs.
NJ -- W.  We beat them twice in the preseason; the only thing they ever really
had over us was our inability to get cheap buckets.  That should change right
away....I still think the Nets are paper tigers.
Sacramento.  L.  Always a loss, and almost always a rout.
Indiana.  W.  I never thought it was solely Isiah that made them
lose.  Brad Miller was key for them too....I'm just not scared of
the Pacers.  Jermaine O'Neal is a pussy, a more polished
Kwame Brown.  We can beat them.
Chicago.  W.  Ray's point about Rose and Pippin is true -- in 1998.
If either one of these guys can cover Paul one on one for a whole
game, I'll join a ladies league.

Josh

Hmmmmm, it's possible.

Game 1: Miami should be a win, as the Heat playing on the road have to
adjust to a new coach, new rookies, and the injury to Caron Butler. Wild Card
player
is Lamar Odom. A huge, 30-point, 15-rebound performance by him could
turn the tide.

Game 2: Memphis is a toss-up. The Grizzlies have improved with the addition
of Posey, the maturity of Williams, the presence of "Celtics Killer" Outlaw,
a better Gasol, a team defense concept, and it's a road game for the C's.

Game 3: New Orleans: The Hornets, at home, are likely to be favored in this
matchup,
as the weary Celtics play their third game in four nights. Don't like the
Hornets coach, but enough talent and a healthy Davis (could light up the
Celtics
point guards) to claim the victory.

Game 4: Detroit seems like a lock to win at home, as the Pistons superior
front-court
depth and Chauncey Billups wear the Celtics down.

Game 5: New Jersey is out for blood after the last two pre-season meetings.
Unless
there are injuries of some sort, Kidd and Martin will be around to wreck
havoc.
One of the early season's classic contests. This one is a toughie.

Game 6: Sacramento rolls into the Fleet Center. Plus for the Celtics is the
absence
of Webber. Minus is the presence of Celtics Killer: Brad Miller,
who with Divac could do a number on Battie, Blount, Baker, and LaFrenz.
The Celtics front-courters will have to bring their "A" game to win this
quasi-lopsided slugfest, as Bibby and Jackson are likely to have their way at
point.
And beware of Gerald Wallace.

Game 7: Indiana on the road presents difficulties. There's revenge afoot
over last year's playoffs and for Kenny Anderson. Bird is sure to be
in attendance, salivating to razz Ainge over a Celtics loss. And no Isiah
around to reduce the Pacers to the LCD.

Gamer 8:  The Bulls have been a demon for the C's over the last few years,
but with Walker departed, perhaps that will change. Chicago will need
a healthy Chandler and a dominating Curry, but benefits greatly from
the presence of Rose and Pippen, who can cover Pierce. Crawford,
whether he shoots too much or not, could have a strong performance
against the smaller Celtics points. Rookie Hinrich, recovering from a virus,
likely to be a non-factor.

 After the first eight games, the schedule winds down, becoming
progressively easier, with four contests in the next seven games against
the hapless Knicks and Milwaukee.
Ray