Predicition

Time to finally chime in with a prediction.  I'm thinking about 43-39.
Possibly a little slow out of the gates, with a stronger finish.  I think we're
looking at a 6 to 7 seed.  We're one and out if we have to face Jersey in the
first round though.  I think we have a sporting chance to beat everybody else in
the East.

I'm so glad Walker's not on the team anymore.  Though Pierce is and was the
better player, Walker defined the Celtics in his years here.  He made a
perversion of two of the positions (1 and 4).  It's truly an addition by subtraction
thing.  I think the whole of the Celtics will be better than their parts.

I applaud Ainge for having balls enough to pull the trigger.  I think we're
in good hands with Danny in charge.  We were nowhere near a championship last
year.  He knew it; and most on this list, save a few starry eyed Walkerphiles
knew it.  The move may well be a very minimal step back, but I don't think he's
done yet.

We've STILL got a logjam at the 3.  Welsch may be a player down the line, but
he's not ready.  With Paul out the second half the other night, the team fell
apart.  I think we need a quality 2 out of a trade.  Wouldn't mind seeing a
veteran point on the squad either.  That'd be my primary emphasis in trading
Battier and/or Williams; quality 2/veteran point.

Tammo noted that a Battie for Brevin Knight is not equal value, but gives us
three expiring contracts for in excess of 14 mil.  That's some serious trading
fodder for any time before the trade deadline.  Think I'd do the deal.  We'd
get the vet PG, and then come up with a 2 before February.

There you have it.  Chalk me up for 43-39.

Back to lurking now.