re: Re: Players to watch

> ** Original Subject: Re: Players to watch
> ** Original Sender: Tammo29@xxxxxxx
> ** Original Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 08:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

> ** Original Message follows...

> >>1) Why have the Knicks been so eager to rid themselves of Kurt
> Thomas when they have so many power forwards but no one else
> to play center?<<
>

> I think most Knicks fans have come to the conclusion that Layden is an idiot.
> I'd be hard pressed to argue with them.

His last draft was pretty damn good, however.

The McDyess deal was a killer because of the subsequent injuries.
Healthy McDyess and playoff appearances, and no one
would have a beef with Layden.

> >>2) Why would Chicago allegedly attempt to trade the upcoming
> Crawford when Jay Williams is out for the year and Hinrick is a
> talented rookie who may never fit into their game plan?<<
>
> Like I said before, the Bulls are not happy with the way he has been running
> the triangle.  They think he's shooting too much and not being a team player.
> He has been in the doghouse for the majority of last year and this preseason
> hasn't been any better.
> Hinrich has had his struggles, but they are thrilled with the way he runs the
> system and love his on the ball defensive pressure.  They think it's only a
> matter of time.
> They always have Scotty Pippen to fall back on and, next to the Coach, he has
> been one of Hinrich's biggest supporters.  He said he thinks he'll be the
> next John Stockton.  And Pippen may be chomping at the bit at the thought of
> becoming a top dog again.
> It would be a gamble giving up on Crawford because he is a talented scorer.
> It may just be an issue of this not being the best system for him.

Will Hinrich be better than Superstar Luke Ridnour - we shall see.

> >>3) Why did Jerry West opt for Bell and Jones in the draft when he
> needed help at so many other positions?<<
>
> I've been wondering the same thing since draft night.  I think West was
> enamored with Jones' athleticism and his Duke pedigree.  But Jones had a lot of
> baggage that came with him and for all his high wire acts, he still has a lot to
> learn about playing the game.
> I'm curious as to how Bell will fit into a team like Memphis.
> I just don't see it.  It's hard to be critical of the Logo, but I haven't
> been a fan of what he's done in Memphis.

Whoah, I think you're all wet on Jerry's moves. Great coaching pickup,
good recent trade, nice FA signing in Posey, decent draft, etc.
Seems alright to me.
Ray