Re: You're not saying Kedrick is being shopped, are you?

< Dammit, Eggy, there you go being all enigmatic again. Are you saying
that Kedrick for Piatkowski is a potential trade? > - Ubi

Hey GM, not to worry ... but who knows?  I certainly have no idea.
I simply reported the loose ends as told to me.  Piatkowski was
signed by Houston earlier this summer so I am not even sure when
such a trade  (Battie and Brown for Griffin and Piatkowski) could
legally be consummated.

If the sportswriters reported every Ainge potential trade rumor they
heard they would now have just about zilch credibility.  Danny's biggest
asset is looking at you with his eyes while lying through his teeth.
Wonder how secure Williams and Battie are feeling at this point
under the prickly bristles of the new broom.?

Ainge is every bit as hyper active as Trader Rick and more than matches
Rick in ego.  And nobody ... ya hear me - NOBODY gets the better of
our baby-faced assassin - the good Christian Ainge, right?

I have lived long enough to see guys like Ainge succumb to their own
hubris... that additional arrogant move (business transaction, trade,
signing) that eventually spells their demise.

One of my near neighbors (one of his four homes) is a guy named
Dennis Kozlowski, Chairman and CEO of Tyco International. He is on
trial now for having looted his company out of $600 mill.  He spent
$1 mill in Tyco money on a birthday bash for his wife that featured
an ice sculpture of Michelangelo's David - which sprayed vodka from
its penis.

I realize I have been on Ainge's case since the get go... same with Toine.
I also realize that Ainge is not a plutocrat; he does not throw million
dollar parties for his wife.  Yet the similarity between his and
Kozlowski's control-freak arrogance is striking and distasteful, at
least to me.

My husband, a big-time football fan, asked last night, ''How come you
don't like Danny.  Seems he is doing a great job.''

Egg