Re: Griffin thoughts

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Delevett" <pdelevett@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 4:32 PM
Subject: Griffin thoughts

 I would really worry that we've swapped one
> enigmatic, talented power forward for another. If
> Griffin couldn't play for Rudy T and Van Gundy, how
> will Obie keep him in line? This particular line from
> one of his draft previews really sounded like deja vu:
> "He attempts too many contested shots from the
> perimeter and does not put the ball on the floor
> nearly enough." Then you've got, "Griffin is an
> unemotional player who hardly looks like he cares
> during games and [is] not a fierce competitor."
> Derrick Coleman deux?

Griffin just recently was suspended by the Rockets for skipping a game. He
never called anybody just didn't show up. When they finally found him all
his excuse was personal reasons. He did the same thing last year with the
same excuse. After discussing things with Van Gundy and being told he would
be suspended for the next 2 games but would still practice with the team. He
missed practice the next day and was suspended indefinately. And from what I
remember while at Seton Hall he punched one of his team mates after a game
for not passing him the ball enough. When his mom was asked I believe her
response was. he had it coming he should've been passing my boy the ball. I
for one would be very disappointed if they bring this guy in. Hardly seems
what a Celtic should be made of.

Art Silva