Re: The die is cast

> The kicker, as they see it, is that they not only got Raef, Jiri, and a
> first rounder (to be traded off?) but also the additional $5 mill needed
> to purchase a mid-level FA next season.  Dallas meanwhile stands to
> save something over $35 mill on this trade, but who's counting

Basically all the Celt's got is the 5 mill. Raef and Jiri are as worthless
as Chris Mills.
But hey not one of them does a wiggle so it's better for the team. Right?

> Obie's positive comments for public consumption prove once again he is
> ever the consummate professional/survivor.  It makes you wonder
> though -  had he finally lost control over his pet Walker (as is rumored),
> or was this trade done against his wishes.
>
> Also troublesome is the burden which will suddenly be thrust upon the
> fragile Baker if he starts ahead of Battie. Walker was Vin's biggest
> supporter, and like Walker, Baker also realizes he is not a Danny
favorite.
> He understands that Ainge spent many months looking into loopholes to
> rid our team of his contract, yet he will now be counted upon to keep
> our team competitive. and the seats full at the Fleet while Danny
> rebuilds his team to his own image and likeness.

God save us from a team that fool might build. He's saddled us with a
turnover prone point
and 60 mill 6 year contract for a third string 4/5.

> Meanwhile, my hope is that this trade will translate into a coming
> out party for LaFrentz.  Allow him 20 shots per game in the ED and he
> just might make up for much of Toine's point production, to say nothing
> of the other players finally being given the opportunity to up their
> shot attempts.  As to Welsch, he is a tall tweener (SG/PG) in the mold
> of a Brent Barry.  According to Danny's latest revelation, we needed
> one additional tall guard (aside from Pierce) since he had signed the
> 6 ft. Banks and the 6 ft.1 inch James to play alongside 6 ft. 2 inch Delk.

LaFrentz is tapped out as far as potential. And buckled under pressure
during last years playoff run.
Both the munchkins were danny's guy to begin with so did he just now figure
out neither of the two had
a snowballs chance in hell of guarding Kidd?

> It will all seem a bit ironic if we end up giving Welsch the minutes at PG
> ahead of ''the best PG in the draft'' and ''the best available PG free
> agent.''  .
>
> Yet to be determined in this ''new broom sweeps clean''  process is
> just how keen IS Ainge's eye for talent.  He certainly is counting heavily
> on LaFrentz, Welsch, Banks, James, Jones, and Perkins as our future.
> Has Dr. Brain (Niednagel) spotted ''superstar'' on any of their brain
> waves

Plain and simply while I concede there was a need to trade Antoine. Why
bring in such marginal players with these long term contracts. Anybody
that's ever watched Lafrentz play can see he's tapped out as far as
potential. And if the warriors who are thinner than the celts at the point
guard position didn't want to keep welsch around what makes anyone think
he's the anwser here?

Art Silva