From: "Wright, Cecil" <Cecil.Wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 10:44 PM
Subject: RE: Chad Ford Talks Battie Trade

> You guys are gonna shit when I say this, but I LOVE Michael Bradley!!
This kid can play and was very effective for the Raps last year, in spurts,
when Antonio Davis was injured.  I am sure he has a reasonable contract and
he is young.

> Cecil

Vin Baker looking decent, the Celtics have a decision to make. They could
try to move Battie and get some extra cap relief in return. Or, Danny Ainge
could try to hit a home run and package Battie with Williams (whose contract
comes off the books next summer) and get another solid player in return. It
all depends on what the Celtics philosophy is going to be. If it's just to
cut costs, then moving Battie and Williams for someone like Tom Gugliotta or
Toni Kukoc would give them an additional $10 million in cap room over the
next two years. If they want to win, then prying away young players like Mo
Peterson and Michael Bradley from Toronto could be a real possibility.

> (Ray's comments: Rasheed Wallace - that's who I would go after.  And why
Rasheed you ask: Last year of his contract, terrific low post defender and
scorer; would improve the team
> this season and future seasons; or you could let him walk and have a
sizeable
> cap cleavage. And why would the Blazers deal him?  Good question. New GM
> trying to restructure the team, create playing time for Seal of Approval
player Randolph,
> and Wallace like Walker, bit of a loose cannon, so to say. And do the
Celtics have