thoughts: slept on, still blurry

I think Vescey never played the game and I think Aldridge, for all his knowledge of the game, must be too close to players like Antoine.  Antoine was not a #1 player; in Ainge's estimation (and mine), he was not even a #2 player.  The best point was made by Ryan? when he said that over thirty types, clearly me, had a different view of Antoine from the kids.  I've said before that I can't imagine the team--including Paul--can easily endure someone who played such a "me first" offense as Antoine, who drew so many technicals, and acted out so much on the court, despite his warm personal relationships with them.  I have colleagues whom I enjoy and care for, but who I think are weak sisters in "performing" in the classroom. (I'd trade them in a minute for a tall, soft brunette).  Walker's leaving allows more touches and more shots and more PT for everyone else.

Who benefits as a Celtic?  Most of all--LaFrentz.  He will get to prove himself with Battie or Baker or Blount at his side.  Is he soft?  Well, we heard Pierce was, too.  At least, he won't be taking 20 shots a night.  At best, he will have some 12 to 14 rebound nights.  I think he will be a lot better in green and white.

Pierce will get more shots.  Baker will get some plays run for him.  Hunter might even get some minutes.  Think of LaFrentz, Hunter, Jones as a front court (not starters).  I like the combinations we might see.  At least, we will get to see what the new players can do.  With Walker there was not enough minutes and not enough ball to go around.  Cheers, Gene