Trader Dan's clearance sale not over yet...

I just watched Danny Ainge and Tom Heinsohn on FSNE and heard two very
interesting things.

1. Danny indicated he wasn't though trading yet, which means something more
significant than telling Rusty LaRue not to let the door hit him on the way
out.  Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I'm thinking there's at
least one more trade going down by Tuesday morning.

2. Tommy Heinsohn said that on Saturday night, Paul Pierce had asked Mike
Gorman's input on books about leadership, saying he "needed to learn about
this, fast".  This shows, more than anything, that this deal was probably
finalized by Friday, awaiting only both teams finishing their weekend games
to cement the deal on Sunday, with the NBA being formally notified Monday
morning.  In all likelihood, it was a done deal by Friday night, with all
parties aware of the situation.  If that's the case, then I have to give
credit to Walker for not calling someone in the media and letting Danny
have both barrels.

The comment about the books spurs further consideration of Pierce's
necessarily changed role with the Celtics.  He's no longer the CO-captain,
he's the Captain.  Whereas before he could lead by example, since Antoine
was vocal enough for both of them; now, he must be an active leader, and
fill the emotional void left with Antoine's flight to Texas.  Pierce has
never been the most vocal of people, perhaps deferring to Antoine out of
preference as much as practicality.  Now, he must speak up, and carry the team.

Among many other things we'll learn about the Celtics in the coming days
and weeks, we'll learn if Paul Pierce will be the leader this team needs so
very much.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle