ainge on WEEI

> Ainge feels Raef is a 3rdor 4th player on a team like Parrish was, but
> you can't win without him. Thinks he has more to his game than he
> should in Dallas. Good post up game.

the only problem with this -- and its certainly not Ainge's fault
(hello, Chris Wallace) -- is that we're paying Vin Baker as that 2nd
best player and LaFrentz is making a little more than I'd like to pay a
#3 player.  I guess I agree with Ainge that you want to rely on Walker
as your #3 player -- but we would  have had to pay him as #1a.  Here's
to Banks becoming #2, Perkins #3 and LaFrentz settling in at #4!

I think this trade shows Ainge isn't scared to show he's boss and make
moves (like Duquette used to) if something isn't working -- and should
send a pretty strong message (well received I'm guessing by folks like
Pierce, Kedrick, Jumaine) that the running game is virtually
non-negotiable.

(the other) mark (becoming more comfortable with the trade...)