From: <Eggcentric@xxxxxxx>
To: <jozersky1@xxxxxxxxxx>; <celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2003 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: quick thoughts on the nets game

< Make no mistake, Eggy.  The Nets came to
 play.  They ceded the game in the 4th with
 the Celtics leading.  I don't know if you saw
 the game (Egg: well that at least beats bWhat game
were you watchingb), but the Nets announcers even said
 several times that neither team was playing like
 this was the preseason.  It was more like a playoff
 game...nobody was "fooling around." > - Josh

You are so up and so down, Josh.  A few losses and listen to you.
One win and now listen to you.

What can I say but that I simply disagree that we saw the real
Nets last night.  Yes, it was our best effort to date but look at
the circumstances (Kidd and Mourning stressing preseason warm-up
exercises over wins and the minutes of both team's starters).
More importantly, review the NJ cast of characters on the floor for
the bulk of the 4th quarter when we grabbed a decent lead with our
first stringers vs. their bench.

PF Walker (33 min)  Martin (28 min)
SF Brown (33 min)       Jefferson (24 min)
C Baker (29 min)        Mourning (21 min)
PG James (28 min)       Kidd (26 min)
SG Pierce (36 min)  Kittles (21 min)

I also wish we were doing better; but one win and a heap of wishful
thinking won't make it so.  We have a deeper bench this year but
it will not be used right ... confusion, confusion... two minds...
two systems.

We will be lucky to make the playoffs.

Egg