In the shorterm, we need better play out of James

I have done my ranting on Obie. But if you got the horses, if a medicore
coach can look good. The thing that is really holding this team back from a pure
talent standpoint  is the point guard play. Banks had an excellent game tonight
even though he got credited with 6 turnovers. Several of them weren't his
fault as the receivers weren't paying attention. But Banks was so disruptive on
the defensive end. But now he is becoming comfortable on the offensive end and
made some awesome creative passes tonight. We really got us a player for next
year and if he keeps shooting the three with confidence, even though he is
missing, he will gain that skill and really be awesome.

But he is still developing as a rookie. I can take that but the starter James
just isn't cutting it. He is getting plenty of wide open looks for threes and
he has to can them. When the other players on the floor are defensive or low
post players, you got to get more out of your starting point guard. He doesn't
offer any penetration and slows the offense under pressure. Maybe it doesn't
matter because Ainge's longterm goal is for Banks at the starter and Juri as
the backup and this year is a throwaway year. But you can't, as a Celtic fan,
not want the Cs to do better now and point guard is where we are lacking.

The problem is that I don't even see James as an adequate backup. However, I
do have to say that he was better than anything we had last year....

DJessen33