Re: Let me help you figure it out

Making the playoffs is not the number 1 goal this year. Ainge views the playoffs as a bonus but not the ultimate goal this year. The owners are on board with this. The goal is to get the young guys experience and see what you have goinf forward. Bringing in a vet PG would defeat the purpose of getting Banks experience. What's the point in bringing someone in just so that we can make the playoffs? The goal is to win a championship, not just to make the playoffs.

From: "Dan Forant" <dforant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Let me help you figure it out
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 18:59:20 -0500

Banks has promise.....but we do need an experienced point to let Pierce the
Nuke use his skills.....we've been very weak at that position for too
long....DA has to pull something off if we're to make the playoffs....it
doesn't look possible this way....far too many scoring opportunities are
being missed each game.....by the time the opening is found it's closed up
by the defense....Baker would improve even more....LaFrentz would get the
ball when he needs it....if DA can't get someone it's time to start Banks
and let him get a full season of experience.....

DanF