Re: um, is it time to let Brandon Hunter play yet ?

--- You wrote:
Screw the rebounding anyway.  You can't score 71
points in a game.  It can't happen.  Ever.
--- end of quote ---

OK, Josh, let's do a little thought exercise. You and I play a four-minute game
with a 24-second shot clock. Let's say we each shoot the ball 20 seconds into
the shot clock on average, because it takes that much time to create a shot.
That would give us about 6 possessions each (let's say we are either too slow
or too good with the dribble to allow for steals). Let's say we're both good
shooters and can make 50% of our shot attempts, which are all two-pointers. So,
normally, the score should be 6-6 at the end of the game. But you are a much
better rebounder, and get two offensive rebounds. That means you've had 8
possessions, and I have had four (remember, we don't shoot the ball until it's
20 seconds into the shot clock). Since we're both shooting exactly 50%, the
score at the end of the game is  8-4 in your favor. Does that mean that my
offense sucks and rebounding doesn't matter?
Kestas