Jessen is on fire

I think I agree with everything you've written since last night's game. Every last word. Good stuff.

My thoughts...

... This team played its best the game after the Walker trade, when they hadn't had time to practice. Before Obie got a chance to "coach" them.

... The excuse about the defense only goes so far in explaining the rebounding. Blount and Baker just aren't getting the job done. Is it a coincidence that since Blount's minutes started creeping up that the rebounding became a problem? I don't think so. I also think Lafrentz is missed both on the boards and at the offensive end. And one more thing... they're not playing tough right now. Yes, they need to box out, but they also need to just fight and battle more.

... Speaking of offense... Obie is terrible. OK, the Dick Harter system has made the Celtics a good defensive team. Besides bringing Harter in, what has Obie done? Harter coaches the defense, right? So what is Obie doing? It's taken him 11 games to revert to his "take turns" offense with 20-plus three-pointers. The truth is the Celtics don't even have an offense. They run plays. Every time down the damn court. They run a play to get Pierce the ball (a bad play, I might add) and when he's smothered, our other option is a three-pointer. And what does Obie do when the offense struggles? More minutes for Blount, James and Kedrick! Count the passes in recent games - it's one or two and shoot. What I wouldn't give for some extended minutes with Banks, Welsch, Pierce, Baker and Lafrentz on the court together.

... This team is at its best when its going inside-out. Feed Baker, Williams and, when healthy, Lafrentz, and let them either score or collapse the defense to create creases for Pierce. Of course, this would require Eric Williams to pass - something he hasn't done since Providence.

This team needs a coach. That's the bottom line. And I have to think Ainge sees it.

Mark