Off topic

Ken Brett, the older brother of George Brett, died last night losing his
battle with brain cancer.
I thought some of you might like to know this since I've been told he
originally came up through the Red Sox organization.

I was a Ken Brett fan long before anyone even heard of George.  Growing up in
Philadelphia I remember listening to a game on the radio in which he hit a
grand slam game winner for the Phillies, just like it was yesterday.
In my younger days whenever anyone would argue for the DH and how pitchers
can't hit, I would always bring up Ken Brett.

I met Ken with George and two other players once a long time ago when both
were with the Royals.  Long story I won't go into, but Ken was so nice to me
when he didn't have to be.  I'll never forget that.
Rest in peace Mr Brett.

TAM