Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "The Paul Pierce show was killing the offense. "-DJessen

Deepest part of the arc? Isn't it the same distance all the way around?

From: "Dan Forant" <dforant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "The Paul Pierce show was killing the offense. "-DJessen
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:17:48 -0500

It wasn't a great shot...it was awful....a 3 with 11 secs and from the
deepest part of the arc and down by just 1....plenty of time to *run* notice
the word run a play....not sorry, this game was a coaching loss...they are
supposed to put things in motion to win games...

Pierce's statement

> > ``That's a tough loss to swallow,'' said Pierce, who had just six of
> >his 17 points in the second half. ``We let them jump over us, get
offensive
> >rebounds, get second and third opportunities, and it cost us the game. We
> >didn't come out with the same hunger like we did in the first half.''
> >-Steve Bulpet

This is the Captain saying the team failed....he should look at the tapes...

DanF

:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shawn Niles" <celtfan44@xxxxxxxxxxx> To: <Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Cc: <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>; <lancejacob@xxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 11:24 AM Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff ] "The Paul Pierce show was killing the offense. "-DJessen

> [...]
> 4th quarter. James, started the 2nd half, and NY came storming back. Banks
> went in and the lead went back to 9. Then Banks doesn't get off the bench
in
> the 4th, and the knicks come back and pull it out. I'd like to see the +,-
> numbers for Banks and James last night.
>

> >From: JB <jimmetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >To: Celticsstuffgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >CC: Celtics List <Celtics@xxxxxxxx>, Lance Jacobson
> ><lancejacob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Subject: [Celtics' Stuff ] "The Paul Pierce show was killing the offense.
> >"-DJessen
> >Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 07:44:58 -0500
> >

> >On Nov 18, 2003, at 1:14 AM, ojai_ramos wrote:
> >
> >>Awful. When it all started slipping away I actually felt physically
> >>ill. How many lost games can we directly attribute to PP not playing
> >>well? Awful.
> >>
> >> Ojai
> >************
> > I wouldn't mind if he was not "playing well." What I do mind, is a ball
> >hog, looking for personal stats/glory, at the expense of losing games.
> > I don't like it from Iverson, I didn't like it from Walker and I don't
> >like it from Pierce. If you are on the way to a 6-20 night, in a season
of
> >poor shooting performances, you don't look to keep on chucking in a close
> >contest like last night.
> > Perhaps the worst aspect of Paul's performance last night were his
quotes
> >in the paper this AM:
> >
> > ``That's a tough loss to swallow,'' said Pierce, who had just six of
> >his 17 points in the second half. ``We let them jump over us, get
offensive
> >rebounds, get second and third opportunities, and it cost us the game. We
> >didn't come out with the same hunger like we did in the first half.''
> >-Steve Bulpet
> >
> >"That's a tough loss to swallow," said Pierce. "I told [my teammates]
this
> >is a team that could easily be a .500 team. They've lost a lot of close
> >ballgames. They're not going to lay down. They're going to get in and
fight
> >in the third quarter. We let them jump all over us [in the second half],
> >get offensive rebounds, get second and third opportunities, and it cost
us
> >the game. We didn't come out with the same hunger in the second half that
> >we had in the first half." -Shira Springer
> >
> > Is that the sign of a leader?
> > Whey your team is down by twenty, I can see letting a Pierce just try to
> >go off and lead a comeback, but on a night when so many other sources of
> >offense were clicking, it's a shame to let everything break down and
watch
> >the lead fritter away.
> >

> > JB
> >*********************
> >
> > The Paul Pierce show was killing the offense. Tell-tale sign that the
Paul
> >Pierce show was about to commence was Banks taking a shot with about 7
> >seconds left on the clock after playing a great game and previously
> >constanstly forcing the Knicks to get back on defense. On the other end,
PP
> >gets the rebound, looks toward Banks who is clapping his hands together
> >receive the ball and ram it up the court, but PP blows him off, brings it
> >up himself and the PP show is on. Repeated forces, two guys draped
all-over
> >him, it didn't matter. It would have been great theater but PP wasn't
> >hitting anything. The thing was that Obie also took out Banks after that
> >play. It was like he was confirming that the PP show was to commence.
Paul