Re: Pierce's role: Co-star to leading man

> Well, we aren't born with the ability to understand
> what pushes people's
> buttons.  That comes with experience.  The first
> thing we all tend to fall
> back on
> is what worked for us.

> Seems to me Paul was using his own experience in
> trying to bring out the best
> in his teammates.  I don't think it's necessarily
> wrong, in fact, I think
> some people, Paul included, respond to it quite
> well.
> Maybe Kedrick doesn't respond to being pushed like
> this, but what has worked
> with Kedrick so far?
> And perhaps, like Ryan pointed out, being called out
> was exactly what Baker
> needed.
> The kid glove treatment didn't work in Seattle.  The
> 'he's my boy' attitude
> that Gary Payton used seemed to enable him rather
> than help him.
> I think with experience and maturity comes the
> ability to better understand
> different personalities and what may work, what may
> not.
> TAM

You're absolutely right, TAM.  It's great that he's at
least recognized that what he did in the past wasn't
working.  That's very big.  And he's trying to change.
 That's big as well.  That's the great thing about
Paul; he's always working and changing what doesn't
work.  That's why I have supreme confindence that
he'll pull out of his mini-slump.  He's going to
study, think, obsess until he finds a way.  It's his
hallmark as both a person and player.