Jessen Speaks: Battie Trade

Here is some free agents to be to could be had in a trade for Battie even up
money-wise or maybe including a Walta. Adding up two 2.5 million dollar
contracts or 3 way deals obviously would not be worth the time to analyze with too
many variables. Also, EWill isn't going anywhere so give it up:

EC
C. Ward, Travis Knight, Brevin Knight, Darius Miles, Zelsko Rebraca, John
Bender, Ron Artest, Reggie Miller, Danny Ferry, Hakeem Olajawon.

WC
Stro Swift, Robert Horry, Ron Mercer, Keon Clark, Avery Johnson, Adonal
Foyle, Bonzi Wells, Brent Barry.

Analysis:
NY could be an option after the Knicks admit the mistake on Mutumbo which is
almost complete. A Knick no. 1 pick with Ward or Knight would be sweet.
Wizards also could make the jump if they keep playing well and want to solidfy a
playoff run. Forget Miles, Rebraca, Artest and Miller. I don't think Danny would
trade with Bird so Bender and Ferry is out. Toronto is not likely because
they need to trade for scoring.

I just don't see a Swift deal happening since we won't resign him or get a
no. 1 back. Horry won't happen. Wells would happen if we included Kedrick but
Wells could screw up the chemistry. Barry makes a lot of sense but can't believe
Seattle would want to take another of our centers and I don't think they
would give up one of their own picks. Clark won't happen because Utah won't give
up any of their no. 1s. Battie doesn't seem like the player that would fit on
the Warriors so forget A Johnson.

The guy to target to me is Ron Mercer. The Spurs really could use a guy like
Battie to be a shotblocker/defensive player like Robinson. They really miss
him and Rasho just doesn't have that kind of game or quickness to mesh as well
with Duncan that Battie can. We could add Walta who could really reenergize
their second unit for another run at the finals. The Spurs could give us their
pick (it has no danger of being in the lottery) and Mercer could add some
scoring off the bench for us. The Spurs also get a pick from the Suns for Barbosa
that they may be able to use.

So I think the Spur, Wizards or Knicks are the most likely trading partner in
a straight up deal. But the Spurs are by far the best match....

DJessen33