The Jessen Take

I have a couple comments following the last few days posts and games.

First, when the Cs lack energy, especially at home, you should let the second
unit get extra time. The crowd gets behind because they are underdogs and the
guys are will have a tendency to work harder than the first unit because they
are more fresh and because they want to show well. I have noticed Obie takes
the opposite tack. The less energy the starters display, the more he plays
them. It is like he becomes more conservative and trusting only the veterans when
things don't go well....

Second, I thought the tonight's time given to Walta was bogus and could have
disrupted the cohesiveness of the rotation. EWill was captioning the second
unit and I thought they were rudderless without him and Walta was out there.
Walta definitely is the 12th man of the team and has had his time in the sun.

A person could argue that Obie played Walta as an energizer. However, his
energy has only really added on the defensive end in the past and we needed
offensive energy or creativity. Also, we already have "The Accelerator" and Jiri
Welch for that. However, Jiri or Marcus didn't get much time.

Obie has to learn to trust his second unit. The game against the Bulls, at
home, 3rd game in four nights is exactly when you give your second unit
extensive time (when you have the depth to do it like we do).

Tommy also brought out the no fast breaks and the extra 10 three point shots.
Obie has to be in Banks ear to push the ball at the risk of turnovers, just
to add energy, get the crowd into it and get the team fired up. Obie hasn't
mastered that part of coaching....

Thirdly, LaFrenz is almost automatic with the 15 footer at the baseline. The
Cs should be running the pick and roll with him over and over until the
defenses stop him. The Cs don't search out that part of his game. I don't know why
LaFrenz thinks he is a three point shooter. Obie must be working with him....

Fourth, don't worry about Banks getting his shots blocked. Just look at Earl
Boykins or Tim Hardaway. Boykins finds a way as little as he is. So did Spud
Webb. Both those guys were much shorter than Banks. Timmy learned how to
protect the ball with his body. It is just what you call NBA experience....

Fifth, I am reconsidering my previous post of making Vin, LaFrenz and Walta
available for the expansion draft. I now think it will be JJ, Hunter and Walta
and the Cs will offer the two no. twos for them to take Walta. The Bobcats
will do it because remember that they don't get a player pick from every team. In
the expansion drafts in the last couple of decades, very rarely did the teams
get substantial players or no. 1 picks to not take players. Most of the time
it was a no. 2 pick or two. I think Vin and Battie are worth to much and with
only two years left on their contracts at that time, they should keep them.
LaFrenz's contract is for longer but he also is worth too much to give away for
free.....

Sixth, I have an opinion that the refs will favor the teams that are working
the hardest. The Bulls were more aggressive and the refs rewarded them. The
foul called on the Pippen three on Baker was ridiculous. Then they somehow
missed the numerous Pippen swipes and then Rose pushing Blount into the stands.....

Seventh, James doesn't even look to penetrate even when it was wide open. He
prefers to hang for the threes. Not good.....

Lastly, I think that the Cs should pay Cooz the 100K or whatever to broadcast
the remaining games with Tommy and Mike. It would be a great gesture in lieu
of the Cooz memorabilia selloff and I personally prefer that broadcast team.
Actually, one of the owners could offer a deal of buying his MVP trophy for a
100K if Cooz will broadcast the games and then put it in the Fleetcenter lobby
or something.....

DJessen33