----- Original Message -----
From: "Wright, Cecil"Subject: RE: Quick game thoughts...

> I don't see how one could not mention that defense we laid on Indy in the
2nd half.  I thought it was outstanding the way we contested shots.  Of
course, it helped that O'Neal sat out a good portion thanks to fouls, which
is really saying something because I agreed with Tommy about the treatment
of Pierce by the refs.  When your star player goes to the line 3 times
against a physical team, someone ain't seein' somethin'.

> Holding them to 28 points in the second half is extremely unlikely on most
nights.  But that was the outcome.  If not for Harrington and Foster hitting
from the outside, we would have blown them out, even though we only shot
6/13 from the line.

> O'Neal, btw, was cryin' bigtime about the refs.  See below.
>
> Cecil

cut