Re: OB wouldnt be down with 3 for 2 deal

OB considers Kedrick Brown and Eric Williams his two best defensive players.
Kedrick has put together excellent defensive games against Hamiliton, Kittles
and now Peja.

Pete, did you get a chance to watch yesterday's game or are you going by
stats? Dunno, maybe it looked differently on TV, but I was there and no he did not
play excellent defense on Peja IMO. He was far too often a step or so behind
and appeared to be playing defense with the sort of passiveness he too often
displays on offense. I was VERY disappointed, because I've seen him play
smothering defense and given his offensive questions his defense is really why he's
in the game.

~~~~~

Sounds like girls against the boys but I've got to agree with Kim here too.
I missed the majority of the first quarter (apparently I didn't miss much),
but from what I saw Eric definitely gave Peja fits.  I've always thought of Eric
as more of a team defender, not really great on the ball, but in this game he
played much better on the ball defense on Peja than Brown did.

I'll also take issue on the other two names mentioned.  Brown found himself
in early foul trouble trying to guard Hamilton after Paul's initial block/steal
of Hamilton off the opening tip.  Welsch came in and Hamilton went on a
little run.  After that Paul guarded him for the majority of the game including
down the stretch.

Kittles pretty much got his averages against Brown.

It's apparent that O'Brien wants Brown to be a great defender in the worst
way, and maybe he is showing some of that in practice. But he hasn't shown it in
games except for an occasional play here and there.
As far as O'Brien lauding his defense in post game interviews, from my view
point it's pretty common for O'Brien to give praise where it isn't always
deserved as well as withholding it were it is.
Just one of the little things that drives me crazy.

TAM