Re: Olympic groups chosen--AP report

At 12:30 PM 11/9/2003, Greg Odegaard wrote:
Off topic, but why doesn't the US Baseball Team get an auto bid to the next
years Olys given they won the last gold?  They got bumped out as most of us
may know by Mexico a few days back and won't play then next summer.

Greg, I'm guessing this is extrapolating from the hoops team and if so, sounds like you may be misunderstanding how the hoops team got there - they didn't get an automatic berth as the prior gold medalist either, they still had to qualify. I don't think there are auto bids in Olympics team sports...

Kim, still wishing I could figure out how to parlay speaking Greek and traveling there a number of times with my knowledge of basketball into an automatic berth of my own <g>