PG/fast break training

I have been lurking on discussions of our PG situation, consensus being that we may be vulnerable at this spot until our PGs can come up to speed in learning the craft of PG play in general and properly running the break specically. In todays NBA basketball this is not as easy a proposition as it may sound, as witness the small sample of current NBA players that we can come up with that you could say w/confidence that would be up to this requirement. I believe we have the raw talent and depth to make it worth while to try to institute the up-tempo, fast break as a staple of this team, but how? via trade? for who? none of the names mentioned excite me that much or are too costly a short term answer or as a teaching/backup option.

I know it is probably impossible, but what if we were to contact the agent for the retired Stockton to come in a couple of times during extended home stretches to do some teaching/consulting of our PGs. Then again maybe over summer league till we either get them up to speed or have answer that they will ever come up to speed. My dream would be to sign Stockton for this year just for that purpose. I think it would be great even if he never played a minute. ....... I can dream cant I?

For what it is worth I think Banks will be very good and not too far down the road, maybe by mid season next year. My worry is if we dont develop a capable running system by then, we may scuttle the thought of implementing one, and start making knee-jerk personnel decisions based on our inability to run. Hope not but....

Look forward to watching Celts grow, with prayers that Pierce does not get hurt and we dont get any thinner at PG than we already are.

GO Celts