Re: Sportsline Mock Draft

"Mejia from Sportsline has us taking Collison & Barbosa saying the latter is
the best point in the draft"-
John Lyell

I read Mejia's mock draft and didn't remember reading any such thing.  Sure
enough, this is what he wrote:

*20. Boston Celtics (from Philadelphia): Leandrinho Barbosa, PG, Tilibra
Copimax Bauru (Brazil). FROM AN ATHLETIC STANDPOINT, he's the best point guard in
the draft. The language barrier and some holes in his game need work, but this
would be a very smart gamble for the Celts.*

How big an issue should athleticism be in a point guard?
Sure it's nice, but I can think of half a dozen things I'd put in front of
it.
I heard an interview with Eric Musselman the other day.  Golden State has had
all three of Ridenour, Hinrich and Barbosa in for workouts.
He said that Barbosa could be very good but that he is about four years away.
I realize a lot of disinformation is put out there this time of year and you
have to take everything with a grain of salt, but that's mostly the talk I'm
hearing.  Even Mejia is calling Barbosa a gamble.
Can we afford to wait four years on a point guard gamble?
Remember, we are already into year three of the Kedrick Brown gamble.

TAM