Re: "Playoff Casualties"- by the numbers

"Walker had a good series against the Pacers so I'm surprised the Net showing

dropped his rating so far. Why do you think that is?..."

  My guess would be because although Antoine shot the ball well against the
Pacers, he didn't really do anything else well in that series...and it didn't
help that he shot 33% from the free throw line.
So, when his numbers from both series were added up his extremely poor
shooting from the Nets series negated his good shooting from the Pacers series and
his good rebounding from the Nets series was negated by his poor rebounding in
the Pacers series...etc, etc.

Every ratings system I've ever come across uses a combination of all the
major statistical categories plus shooting percentages in some form to come up
with their ratings system.
Schaller's numbers (http://schallertpr.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=189604)
seem to be in line with Doug's Tendex numbers for the team
(http://home.rmi.net/~doug/playoffs/BostonCeltics.html)
  and the leagues effeciency numbers.

TAM