Re: Answering your questions

The news today is that Wallace is the favorite, but the Blazers also want to
talk to Mitch Kupchak. Who the heck is running things in Portland, and can
Ainge get them on the phone right now? Kupchak has done nothing to add to
the team Jerry West left him, and that's one reason the Lakers are fishing
right now. Wallace and Kupchak... Wow. Dan Issel wasn't available? Ted
Stepien?

As for the Dumars piece... you know, the Stackhouse trade is a good
comparison for Antoine. All the experts thought the Wizards got the best of
that trade. But the Pistons traded a guy who didn't fit into the team
picture for a guy with less talent who did-and they improved. Stackhouse
probably handles Rip Hamilton in one-on-one, but Hamilton was a better fit
for the Pistons. I'm guessing we'd see a similar result with an Antoine
trade (no, Paul, not for Damon Stoudamire). I don't know what the deal is,
but it's out there.

Mark

Ray wrote:

- Chris Wallace is once again the favorite for the Portland GM job, as
Herb Kohl won't allow Ernie "remember him from my Three Sons" Grunfield
to speak with the Jailblazers.