Screw the Nets!?????

Josh Ozersky wrote:

<<I can't, CAN'T, wait to see San Antonio
cut their heads off.  One easy series after
another against teams that let them run
their gay, west-coast offense, with its
easy buckets.  I only with there was still
a truly thuggish team in the league, like
Miami a few years ago, to dismantle
them piece by piece.  It will be a pleasure
watching them try to pull that weak shit on
a real team.>>

Huh?  Hey, I'll be rooting for San Antonio, too, but "gay, west-coast
offense"?  What's wrong with running?  What's wrong with easy buckets?
What's wrong with great -- yes, as much as I despise that ass-wiping,
kiss-blowing, wife-beating, child-exploiting Jason Kidd, I have to give
credit where credit is due -- GREAT passing?  It's been a long time, but I
vaguely recall some guys in green jerseys who used to thrive on all of
those things (well, not the ass-wiping, kiss-blowing, wife-beating,
child-exploiting part).  And it was beautiful to watch.

There's nothing "weak" about the Nets' defense, undersized as they are.
It sucks that a scumbag like Byron Scott has stumbled into such a lucky
position (just like he did as a player), but he's got a talented team and
a gifted assistant in Eddie Jordan.  Last year one could credibly argue
that the Nets got to the Finals as a result of bad officiating at critical
times.  This year there's no question that they deserve to be there (at
least as long as one finalist has to come from the Eastern Conference).

You really long for the era of Rileyball?  Damn, I'd rather see the Pitino
Headless Chickens press and jack up 3s for 48 minutes than suffer through
one more of those 69-68 Heat-Knicks nailbiters.  Talk about not having an
offense.  Give me a league full of New Jerseys, Sacramentos and Dallases
over that any day.

That said, I still hope that the next time Kenyon Martin tries one of
those stupid, pointless leg blocks, Antoine pulls back the ball and fires
it right into Martin's package.

Michael Gooen