From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Celtic4Hire@AOL.com
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 9:59 AM
To: Celticsstuffgroup@yahoogroups.com; celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: [Celtics' Stuff Payton will be looking for a ring

However, I would do the Walker trade to the Bulls if we could do the trade
below and keep our picks. The money does work, BTW....

DJessen33

<< This is my greatest hope for change (Payton sign and trade for Williams,
 trade exception, 16, 20 and Kedrick) if you are going to try and not pay
the
 luxury tax. The backup plan would be major trade with Chicago involving Jay
 Williams, the no. 7, Fizer and Robinson for Walker, the 16 and 20.

 But you got to look at what you have left after either trade.

 Under Plan A, we would have 3 all-stars as starters, a definite upgrade at
 the point guard positon and of the team overall but we would still be
seriously
 lacking in depth. My hope would be that other good players would see the
 upgrade and sign on for the the championship for minimum dollars. This
would
be too
 good to be true. Also, trading EWill would have to be done over stupid
Obie's
 dead body....

 Under Plan B and any major overhaul, you don't really know what you have
 until the team plays together. We would have lost a major part of the team
and 20
 points a night in Walker but you would have a bunch of guys with potential.
 Actually as I write this, I realize I don't like this trade. Too much risk
 trade a sure thing in Walker for a bunch of potential, especially since we
are
 getting a little potential with the 16 and 20 picks anyways.... >>