Ainge Likes; Celtics Considering Troy Bell

I will shoot myself.... not that Troy Bell won't be the next successful
BC
style point guard, but get a real PG.

Bell scores points with Ainge

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff, 5/22/2003

Boston College guard and All-America honoree Troy Bell worked out for
the Celtics Tuesday. Bell was Big East Player of the Year and scoring
champion last season, averaging 27.8 points in 16 league contests.
Celtics executive director of basketball operations Danny Ainge gave the
guard positive reviews.

When asked how the workout went, Ainge said, ''Good. Troy is an
intriguing player. We're going to see Troy in the league. I like him. He
can really score. He's a great shooter. He's a guy we're considering.
Troy's local and we brought him in for a workout. It was easy.''

The 6-foot-1-inch Bell averaged 25.2 points his senior season and
finished as the all-time leading scorer in BC history. His next stop on
the workout tour is Golden State today and then on to Seattle. St.
John's guard Marcus Hatten also worked out for the Celtics.

This story ran on page C10 of the Boston Globe on 5/22/2003.
) Copyright 2003 Globe Newspaper Company.