Bell scores points with Ainge

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff, 5/22/2003

oston College guard and All-America honoree Troy Bell worked out for the
Celtics Tuesday. Bell was Big East Player of the Year and scoring champion
last season, averaging 27.8 points in 16 league contests. Celtics executive
director of basketball operations Danny Ainge gave the guard positive reviews.

When asked how the workout went, Ainge said, ''Good. Troy is an intriguing
player. We're going to see Troy in the league. I like him. He can really
score. He's a great shooter. He's a guy we're considering. Troy's local and we
brought him in for a workout. It was easy.''

The 6-foot-1-inch Bell averaged 25.2 points his senior season and finished as
the all-time leading scorer in BC history. His next stop on the workout tour
is Golden State today and then on to Seattle. St. John's guard Marcus Hatten
also worked out for the Celtics.

Thanks,

Steve
sb@maine.rr.com

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of B.gif]