Re: Just play the game.

>"Just play the game."

That is what some want to do without silly distractions.

>Does anyone expect her to win against the best the men have to offer?
Probably not. But those who decry her as "not good enough" need to take a
look at the few hundred guys on their list that by the same statistical
measurement, aren't good enough either.

Me thinks you are trying to compare apples and oranges.  The comparison of
stat's is meaningless.  The two leagues play different games at different
courses which emphasis different skills. Look at tennis.  It is a different
game.

All that said, this is a "sponsors exemption" and can be given to anyone.
It is specifically for generating press for the tournament.  Annika is
certainly doing that.  Her sponsors are selling "Annika kits" with two Ping
golf ball's and other knick knacks so Ping will get their bang-for-buck by
using their exemption this way.  This is more about commercial succe$$ then
"give-the-young-lady-a-chance".  Don't kid yourself.

>So what's the big deal in letting women play? The answer, supposedly is
that the men are "out there earning a living", according to Mr. Singh.

Well some players take their job seriously and don't want the "Charles
Barkley's" and "local yokel" exemptions disrupting their focus as they try
to make a "living".  To suggest that the media frenzy won't interfere would
be ignoring what they already created.

I see golf as entertainment and if having a few women who can play like
Annika get in with the sponsors exemption and more young ladies end up
watching the match with their Dad's or husband and wife's watching together
etc ..., so be it.  But it isn't my paycheck that is at risk.

Most amateur men will also find that their game is closer to the women's
game then the men's pros anyway.  Much like pro tennis.

<Jim