Wow...this list overrates Walker..

> I'd also challenge you on Dallas. Sure, Antoine is a better player than
> Najera, but he wouldn't be nearly as effective as Najera is when teamed
> with
> Nowitzki, Nash and Finley. But there's no question that based solely on
> talent, Antoine is a better player. Still, the question isn't always
> talent,
> is it? No one is questioning Antoine's talent, but we have a lot of
> questions about how he puts it to use.

Hmm...this must be the Mo Vaughn effect..
Or Bostonians badly overrating overweight outspoken athletes..:P

Its not just three teams..more like ten or eleven. Walker isn't that good a
PF performance wise. Truthfully I am not even sure he is that much better
then Tony Battie nowadays. If I had to pick between a whole season with a
healthy Battie or healthy Walker.. I might pick Battie.

Talent wise Walker is right up there..maybe top five, and top ten players in
the game.
But performance wise he is not even close! His head and his habits bring him
way down.

But briefly he ranks behind:

Duncan
Dirk
Webber
Brand
Amare
Rasheed
Ben Wallace
K-Mart
J O'neal
and yes
Shareef Adur-Rahim.

Before you protest..do you honestly think that Walker would command any one
of those players in a trade? Maybe you could get Shareef..that's about it. I
am not even sure about that. Walker has an interesting flashy game..and he
doesn't need to rely upon a point guard or teamates to sent him up. But
truthfully he isn't that good a player. Despite what Jackie says he is
probably only the 50 or so best player in the game. The idea that he is a
better all-around player then Pierce is comical.

Now thats thing about trading Walker....that makes GM's hesitate.
If he just did two things..he would be an excellent player.

1) Play within himself more..
2) Get in excellent physical condition.

I am convinced that much of Walker's athleticism problems relate to his
medicore physical condition. Pierce seems to have enough athleticism to get
away with being a bit soft. But Walker is softer still...and he should get in
top shape. He needs to shed that baby fat, lift weights, take supplements etc
etc like all the other guys in the league. He should hang out with
Bremer..who is said to be a true workout warrior.

Walker really is just a small forward with 25 extra pounds of fat on him. <g>
Pitino was right about Walker..lets face it.

Pete