E Will trades

As a card-carrying member of the Eric Williams' fan club, I'm not terribly excited about losing him, but we have to improve. The key to trading Eric is to teams who would produce significant cap space.

How about Eric Wiliams and next year's #1 (hoping it'll be a low one) to Golden St. for Danny Fortson & their #1 this year.

I think its a long shot but they need to dump as much salary as possible to show Arenas they'll sign him to a big contract next year if he stays (which he *has* indicated he'd like to do) for a tender offer this year.

next year they'll have Sura, Chris Mills & Foyle coming off the books. Add Williams to that and that's a big chunk of change for arenas. they also avoid a lottery level salary this year.

Fortson might not be the cheeriest guy on the block but he can rebound when given the opportunity. maybe ainge can convince Obrien to use Fortson as Pitino wouldn't: starting PF. we need some nasty. and fortson brings that.

we also then have 3 #1 picks to package and move up for an impact player.

I've also heard Memphis would like to get rid of Jason Williams' contract. Since he's a BYC player it looks like the salaries match but I can't get it to work on RealGM but something like:

EWill for Jwill (and salaries).

This gives Memphis loads of cap room next year (with Person, Brevin Knight and Williams (eric and Jason) coming off ttheir books -- they coudl signe someone to a one-year deal, then roll that space over and add it to Swift & Mike Miller so Jerry West can make his rumored run at Kobe when he becomes a free agent.

- mark piotrowski
gainesville, fl