the morning after

I should say quickly, being one of the more down-in-the-mouth-about Antoine types, that Walker played a very controlled game through three quarters last night (I'm about to watch the fourth on tape).  Since we are most likely going to keep him, he showed how helpful he can be last night.  Subtract the ball-handling duties and we can see his value.

Last night, Delk showed his value as instant offense; he also showed why our foremost concern should be a point guard.  Let Pierce be a shooting guard or small forward, Antoine be an all-purpose forward-at-large and let a point guard get them the ball.  Blount looked downright serviceable; Battie was good.  I'm encouraged, once again, that this group is close.  But the missing pieces are the hardest to assemble.  So, my wish list has a point guard at the top . . . someone like Ridenour, say-hey, Ray?  Cheers, Gene