K. Brown stuff...and our future point guard!

> To be honest, I can't believe this is still a debate. How anyone could look
> at those picks as anything other than a disaster is beyond me.

Its not "beyond you".. Some people think K.Brown will be a good player so
they don't think the draft is a waste. If K. Brown gets to another team and
then fails then everyone will be ready to agree with you. Personally, I have
seen some good things when he is out there, so I see why the Celts have kept
him around. I don't go by stats when evaluating young talent. Stats don't
capture the "little things" a good athlete does for a basketball team.

The good news is that Ainge is in charge, and with this draft we stand a good
chance of picking up a real point.

 I hope we draft one rather then trade for a mediocre retread. I love guys
that were drafted and stay with your organization. One of the globe
columnists (Jackie) wrote that we couldn't address our point guard needs
through the draft but I have to disagree..

Gaines, Hinrich, Ridnour, Barbosa, Chris Thomas, Mo Williams, Steve Blake,
Troy Bell.. Some of those guys are bound to be available... Outside of
Ford..I don't know if there are any sure things. And even Ford isn't
guaranteed unless he can learn to hit a jump shot more consistently.

I haven't see Ridnour play much..but hey he SOUNDS good. Does he have the
length to defend NBA points though. He is listed at 6-2 but I suspect he is
probably 5-11..
I have to wonder if he is Dan Dickau or John Stockton. Actually a second
round pick could turn out to be a good point guard.

NBA draft net has us picking Hinrich and Pavel Podkozlin...that would be
interesting.
The russian guy is 7-4 and 300 pounds. Even as a big white stiff he at least
would be big. Hinrich is a Kansas guy so maybe PP could work him out...and
give the Celts an inside scoop.

Ray is the college hoops guy here..I generally watch the pros. Is Hinrich
really a point or a combo guy? It's a shame we don't have a second round pick
because we could pick up Blake with it. Two shots at a good point are better
then one..

Pete