Re: Byron Scott doesn't know when to shut up

Hi Mark,

Byron is an idiot, was an idiot when he was with the Lakers and is lucky to
be coach of a team who has been blessed with some decent talent.  It's not
as if he is outcoaching Obie but rather his team is playing well when it
must.  Some will credit him for this fact but that is like giving credit to
Riley for having Magic on his team.  Or Jackson for having Jordan and now
Shaq/Kobe.

Regarding Bob Ryan...I saw Sports Final when it was broadcast Sunday night.
I'm not so sure you would be blaming Lobel had you seen it.  In no way did
Lobel try to egg him on.  In fact he said "you don't really mean that" to
which Ryan stated "yes I do".  He was wrong and he had to have known it for
he has simply been around too long not to know better.  His comments were
stupid just like Jimmy the Greek Snyder and that other dickhead, Al
Campanis.  But another poster made a good point in stating that Jason Kidd
assaulted his wife and did not miss a paycheck.  Allen Iverson chases down
his wife with a gun and he doesn't miss a check.  Jose Canseco rams his
wife's (ex-wife's) car from behind and gets more chances.  Blazer teammates
beat the crap out of each other, get caught smoking grass and still play
after a game or two.  Bob Ryan opens his big yapper and he gets suspended
for a month WITHOUT PAY?!?!?!  Doesn't anyone have a problem with this?  He
never touched Mrs. Kidd yet he loses a month's wages.  I don't know how fair
that is.  Better than getting fired I spose but a tad excessive even though
I did not agree with his comments when I was listening to them live.  But it
wasn't Lobel who kept prodding the issue.

There is no racial angle to this story AFAIC.

This team WAS built around Walker....until Pierce played like Superman last
year in the playoffs.  From that awesome game against Jersey to this point,
this is Pierce's team.  Even Walker has mentioned that Paul is the go-to
scorer.  He is willing to play a subordinate role.  But he is playing poorly
at the moment.  For whatever the reason, he must pick it up starting right
now.  I believe the Nets will foul the crap outta Pierce each time he drives
and try to wear him down physically.  I know this is no news flash to anyone
but I fear it could be particularly brutal in Boston just to make their
statement.  I'd like to see us ride Delk's hot hand, if he's on, later in
the game, rather than earlier because we know they are going to collapse on
Pierce.  I've also noticed that Delk seems to be making an attempt to get
inside a bit more and get a bunny for a teammate.  I like that.

Cecil