Re: Walker, Minutes, Kedrick, Ainge, Spurs Backcourt

Ryan,

The problem you are over-looking, and one that has
been brought up many times before, is that kedrick is
not put in a position to succeed.  His game (if he has
one) is predicated on jumping, rebounding and defense.
 Where are the alley-opps?  New Jersey runs at least
one a game to Jefferson and Martin.  There is no
reason we couldn't do the same for Kedrick (especially
in the playoffs, when it would be extremely out of the
blue).  Furthermore, Kedrick is a defensive beast.  If
you haven't seen that in the limited time he has
gotten, then I suggest that you haven't been paying
attention.  Kedrick should be used on Kidd, full
court, for 4-5 minute stretches in the 2nd and 3rd
quarters.  He would at least make him extend extra
energy, not to mention that Kedrick is the only one on
the team that can keep up with Kidd in the full court
(how many times has Kidd simply dribbled around and
then past Bremer and Delk?).  The only downside in
this plan is that Kidd has the refs in his pocket.
Any tough defense, especially coming from such an
unknown, would more-than-likely put the Nets in an
early free throwing bonus.  IF that's the case, simply
play Kedrick on Kidd until he picks up two fouls, then
take him out.  Regardless, Kedrick should be
playing... it is that simple.

RYan...

=== message truncated ===