Ainge

The news about Ainge is the best I've heard in two Celtics' years.  If true, we will get a fresh start on our major weaknesses; not all he does will work, or please the board, but he won't take the job with the idea that he has to please Antoine.  Leaving Chris Wallace as head of player evaluation/scouting is fine as long as someone else pulls the trigger on deals.  Plus, an old Celtic will have more clout over the coach than an outsider might.  I'm hopeful that this will bring some good short-term decisions about the draft and Antoine's future.  Certainly, this move has Red's approval. That said, I still remember Ainge's overly kind remards about O'Brien during Monday night's game--to the effect that O'Brien has done a great job with his material.  Was he being PC, knowing he would have to deal with coaching situations, or was he saying that we lack talent and O'Brien has done better than expected with a weak team?  Interesting.  Also interesting that Ainge was the original conscienceless bomber.  Still, I'm pumped.  Cheers.  Gene