From: Kim Malo <kimmalo@mindspring.com>
To: "Shawn Niles" <shizzjr@hotmail.com>
CC: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: news on Songaila
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 15:07:48 -0400

At 02:46 PM 5/6/2003 -0400, Shawn Niles wrote:
Thanks Kim. I think that answers my question except for one part of it. Can Songaila opt out of his contract over there since we still have rights to him? Or is he bound to it for the length of the contract?

Anyone know what team he plays for over there?
CSKA Moscow
Yeah, he's under contract. It might well be for only one year, from the way his player blurb reads:
http://www.euroleague.net/plantillas/jugador.jsp?id=BCP
indicating he just went there for the 2002-3 season, while we know that it was not his first choice to go over there.

As to whether he can opt out if it's longer, kind of depends upon the terms of the individual contract, which is a bit tougher to find for European players. OTOH experience has shown that it's also likely to be possible with sufficient greasing of the wheels, whether or not there are terms in there to let it happen.

Kim