Re: news on Songaila

Does anyone know the deal with Songalia? Can we just bring him back whenever we want? Or is he under contract over there? How long do we retain our rights to him? Basically, if the C's decided they wanted him on the team, what is the process?

From: gene kirkpatrick <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: news on Songaila
Date: Tue, 6 May 2003 04:39:49 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks (to whomever) for the news on Songaila. I'm not surprised that he's doing well, and I hope that means he will do well in Celtic green next year. Add him to Kedrick plus one or two newbies from the draft and we have our best hope at getting to the top. I don't think we'll get a new coach or deal sensibly with Walker; we just have to plug extra talent into the mix and hope it's used well. My top pick for the draft is emerging as Nick Collison, the 6'9" forward from Kansas. He needs a little muscle, but most guys manage that in their first two years in the league. He has all the tools and wants to rebound. I think that if he were European, he would be a lottery choice for sure. Cheers, Gene