Re: nice job

Well, I think the Celts showed (again) a huge flaw that NJ can expose as they have in the past. Down the stretch, especially when confronted with a zone, the C's dont seem to have much of an answer. The final shot tonite is indicative in that all 5 celts were out on the perimeter and watching Pierce with the ball. If Battie were in the game, he would have been down there but thats it. They dont seem able to deal with the zone well at all and it really showed in the fourth. Further, I think this is compounded by OBs poor coaching. It would have made more sense to have Bremer in there as he can take the ball to the rack. Delk has trouble dribbling and lacks the attack mentality needed there.

This doesnt take anything away from the C's. They played tough and hard and could (should) have come away with a W tonite. To lose this game is a heartbreaker because they will be hardpressed (at least in my opinion) to be in the same position for Game 2. I really think leaving NJ with a split is essential, but that the C's had a very nice effort tonite and did everything except walk out with the win.

r nelson wrote:

a loss is a loss,but can't be real upset.as a matter of fact,we played real
smart.IMHO,controlling kidd was the key as it let us play our tempo.we had the
shot we wanted with pierce's 3 at the end.