From: "ryan nelson" <ryanmn@mindspring.com>
To: <Celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2003 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: Drafting

> I have to disagree with statement that wallace has done an alright job of
picking players and signing free agents.  I give him credit for bremer and
strickland but he passed up quite a few decent players in taking jj and
kedrick (i won't even go into forte, but wallace is the one making
decisions, not red).

> First of all, kedrick can not play.  Walker was talking up vinny baker all
year just as he was kedrick.  that scares me.  seems like kedrick has no
confidence and no killer instinct.  Reminds me of a guy we had in training
camp in about 1989 named eric macarthur.  Tons of athleticism but just can't
play the game.  I won't fault wallace for joe johnson as it seemed like a
good pick at the time.  What i do fault him for is exercising the right to
use denver's pick to take kedrick instead of holding off until the next year
when the pick was #4 I think.  That was just plain stupid.  Everybody said
it at the time too.  Now that jerry krause is gone, wallace is officially
the worst gm in basketball.  Other than signing bremer (after giving omar
cook a guaranteed contract, nice job chris) he has made zero positive moves
and if you take into account the baker idiocy, he has killed this
franchise's chance of a world championshiip during the pierce-walker years
(unless vin retires, gi!
>  ves us cap room, and wallace is fired).  Does anybody think the celtics
can ever win it with wallace making deals?