Final record: 44-38, sixth seed?

While our wins have gotten narrower and narrower and our losses wider
and wider, our record stands at 40-34 with eight games remaining.
Surprisingly, we are only two games off last year's pace.  Not bad so
far for a season filled with catastrophes, controversy, and confusion.

Last season we went 7-1 in April. This season 4-4 in April seems more
likely with a final record guesstimated at 44-38 vs. last season's 49-33.

Apr 2   Miami
Apr 4   Sacramento
Apr 6   Washington
Apr 9   @ Washington
Apr 10  Philadelphia
Apr 12  @ Orlando
Apr 13  @ Miami
Apr 16  Detroit

If the playoffs were to be held today, as sixth seed we would face third
seed Philly in the first round.

If the draft were to be held today, we would select #17 and with
our Philly pick, #22.

Concerning the Philly pick, I would prefer to weep at joy than joy
at weeping.  So maybe we can finally do something smart and choose a
sleeper at #22.  After all, it cost us a #11 pick (Moiso) along with the
penalty of having to pay McLeod $1.5 million rocking chair money for
one season.

Speaking of Moiso, he has played in 44 games with the Hornets this
season.  He is presently averaging 12 MPG, 3.9 PPG, 3.4 RPG - not
exactly the expected stuff of a lottery pick in his third season.

Egg

PS - Congratulations to Tammo and Kansas. Is this the year?