-----Original Message-----
From: GuyClinch@aol.com [mailto:GuyClinch@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 3:18 PM
To: Celtics@igtc.com

> I'll take two, please. Really, isn't this what we desperately need?
Package
> the picks with Kedrick (or EWill, whoever... ) and move up for this guy.
> Then give him the ball, scrap the long-ball offense, add some motion and
> watch T.J. create for Pierce and Walker, the finishers. Leave the spot-up
> shooting to Delk. Of course, they won't do that. They'll draft Reece
Gaines
> and add him to the bomb squad. Or they'll draft some other stiff. If the
> BDT
> is still calling the shots, that's a given. How depressing.

Some of your plan is good but:

 I would suggest a core of Pierce, Battie, Kedrick, Walter, Bremer, Blount,
Delk.
T.J. Ford (or some good point) and a (PF/C (Walker replacement - draft
pick).
We will be stuck with Baker...

Walker is a good/great player but..
IMHO.. He likes to control the ball too much and doesn't pass as well as he
could.
He plays matador defense and sometimes fails to run the court at all. He
takes too many threes pulling the team out of the offense. He does rebound
like a PF because of his penchant for three pointers.

We should:
Trade Walker and EWill and one of our picks to move up the draft and get the

best PF/C available..and use our Philly draft pick to get T.J. Ford (I
rather
doubt a point will go in the top ten). You might have to use our first pick
on the point...it all depends on how things shake out.

Both Walker and EWill don't really fit in with the rest of the roster and
are
just OB favorites. EWill is tough guy and a nice half court scorer but he
lacks the speed and quickness to play with the rest of the Celts lineup.
Moreover Walker and EWill are older players. Why move young players with
talent?

If your going to bring in real point guard you also should get rid of OB and

focus the Celts attack on the more higher percentage 2 point (Pierce,
Battie,
Kedrick, Walter) with the occasional three from Delk/Bremer (our best three
point shooters).

Obviously it would be nice to bring in a rebounder/low post player who can
also uptempo with the pick. But rebounding/speed should be the primary
concern. In other words we need a modern PF/C. (Battie is really  a PF)..and

the top point to remake our team.

Of course this whole plan is premised on getting rid of OB...
Even if our team was temporarily worse with this plan...I think we would
play
better B-Ball and have alot more hope for the future.

Pete

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."